15 June 2012

Simple Truths Celebration

"You can't use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have."  ~Maya Angelou

Just about 1 1/2 years ago I came up with the idea for my Simple Truths line of components. They sort of shot off into the stratosphere quickly. My goal was always to come up with a component that I wanted to use in my own jewelry, something with color and whimsy and fun, and the message had to be one of tapping into your power, and telling your story. Well, I am just delighted that others like them as well.

These humble little pendants, charms, clasps and components have shown up in the Beads 2011 Buyer's Guide and graced the cover of Stringing Magazine Summer 2011 as well as being featured in designs by so many talented people. And they started with the first one I made to honor a beautiful young lady whose life was cut short way too soon. Since then I have created custom pieces for all sorts of occasions, from celebrating a 10 year anniversary to welcoming an adopted child who was all grown up to encouraging aspiring writers to follow their passion and everything in between. I was a sponsor of the Bead Cruise in March with 60 one of a kind sea themed charms and I sent some of my Motley Owls to Lorelei Eurto for a mini blog hop. And recently I was honored to have been selected as the Art Bead Partner for April-May 2012 with Vintaj for their Storybook theme (there are only a few left and when they are gone, they are gone!).

Last spring I came up with an idea to keep me moving forward and to help me continue to come up with new designs and techniques related to the original Simple Truths. I called it the 'Simple Truths Sampler Club' and it debuted in June 2011. There is a limit of no more than 20 spots in the club each month and participants can sign up for 3-, 6-, 9-, or 12-month spots. I pledged to make a limited edition charm or pendant for the club members that would never be sold to anyone outside the club and never repeated. That is harder than it sounds! But I am pleased that there have been so many lovely and talented participants who seemed to have truly enjoyed their time in the club, many coming back and signing up for additional extensions to their original membership.

It has been my pleasure and honor to create each and every one and putting intentions of harmony and light into each one as I make them with my own two hands. But now I want to see them in action! While I have seen the Simple Truths pop up from time to time in the pages of a magazine, I know that there are plenty of people out there that are hoarding them! I know how you feel, since I am a world class hoarder of art beads myself. But I think that these messages are meant to be shared, and so I am proposing a Simple Truths Celebration to bring those pieces out of hiding and encourage you to create something special!

Whether you got your Simple Truths by buying them from my Etsy site, they were part of the Simple Truths Sampler Club limited editions, you got them published in a magazine or you were gifted one or won one in a giveaway, I want to see what you do with it! They do not need to be the ones that you see below, but any Simple Truths that you have lurking in the corners of your bead nooks will do! Bring them into the light!


If you would like to participate, please enter your information in the form below to join the blog hop that will happen on Friday, July 13th. I will be giving away 2 three-month subscriptions to the Simple Truths Sampler Club ($54 value each): one subscription to someone participating in the blog hop showing off what they have done with their Simple Truths, and one subscription to someone who comes to hop who has never before received a Simple Truth but makes a comment on my post for that day.

Here is some inspiration from the past 12 months of the Simple Truths Sampler Club.



So what are you waiting for? Grab your Simple Truths, or purchase one right here to join in the fun!

(And P.S.... there are still limited spots available in the Simple Truths Sampler Club... join us!)

2 comments:

Kokopelli said...

Sounds like fun! Would love to join but there's so much going on here and I'm already part of too many challenges. But I will watch. Your components are so unique and great.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I am going to be watching this! I want to see what beautiful things people have made. It sounds like great fun!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin